Last Updated: November 16, 2022
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND SHARE
We may collect, use and disclose your personal information (“PI“) as required or permitted by applicable law. We collect the following categories of PI from the corresponding sources as set forth below.
|CATEGORY OF PI
|1. Identifiers which may include:
|2. Personal Records which may include:
|3. User Account Details / Commercial Information which may include:
|4. Internet Usage Information which may include:
|5. Geolocation Data which may include:
|6. Professional or employment-related information
We may have collected such personal information from the following categories of sources and for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Directly from the customer or potential customers; for example, from documents that our customers provide to us related to the services for which they engage us, or products they purchase;
- Indirectly from our customers; for example, through information we collect from our customers in the course of providing services to them, or during negotiations with them;
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website; for example, from submissions through our website portal, contact forms or use of our website, which is collected automatically;
- From third parties; for example, from professional social networking websites.
CEVA has information about the products or services purchased by you as well as your contact information. We may use this information to contact California Consumers in order to provide support, billing, license verification, and other services connected with the use of CEVA’s products, as well as marketing services.
CEVA may collect information about your use of our website, including browsing history and interaction with our website. Where such information is related to a user’s contact information, we may use this information to contact California Consumers, all in accordance with applicable law.
CEVA may collect contact information of potential customers and of potential employees from social networking websites and other public sources of information. We may use this information to contact California Consumers about products or services, or jobs, all in accordance with applicable law.
As permitted by applicable law, the deidentified data or aggregate Consumer information is not treated as PI, and we reserve the right to change or permit others to change, your PI into deidentified data or aggregate information.
CEVA may collect, disclose, use your PI for commercial purposes, which may include, interest-based advertising and sharing PI in a way, that is deemed a sale under the CCPA.
Our service providers may themselves process PI for business purposes or operational purposes permissible under the CCPA, including processing to detect data security breaches, protecting against illegal activity, creation of datasets of aggregate information and deidentified information.
If you instruct us to share your PI we may do so based on such instruction, and such sharing is not considered under the CCPA a sale of your PI. Also, sharing PI amongst the CEVA group of entities is not considered a sale of your PI under the CCPA.
2. YOUR CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS
We provide California Consumers the privacy rights under the CCPA as described in this Section 2. You have the right to exercise these rights through an authorized agent under the requirements of the CCPA and related regulations. As permitted by the CCPA, any request you submit to us is subject to an identification process (“Verifiable Consumer Request“). We will not fulfill your CCPA request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the Consumer about whom we collected PI.
To make a request according to your rights to know or to request deletion of your PI as set forth below, please contact us at [email protected] and respond to any follow up inquiries we may make. We will request of California Consumers to provide certain information in order to confirm their identity, such as a code sent to an email address we may have on file for them. The information that we ask to be provided to verify the identity of Consumers will depend on previous exchanges they had with us and the sensitivity of the information. Our response to the requests will be per the CCPA. We usually do not charge a fee to fully respond to your requests; provided, that we may charge a reasonable fee, or refuse to act upon a request, if your request is excessive, repetitive, unfounded or overly burdensome. If we determine that your request merits a fee, or that we may refuse it, we shall explain why, and give a cost estimate and the chance to accept such fees before we charge you.
If we cannot confirm your identity, we will not be able to fulfill your request. We reserve the right to modify our verification procedures and may request additional information from you as needed or as necessitated by applicable law.
Some PI about our Consumers is not sufficiently associated with enough PI about the Consumer for us to be able to verify that it is a particular Consumer’s PI, when a Consumer request, that requires verification pursuant to the CCPA’s verification standards, is made. As required by the CCPA we do not include that PI in response to those requests. We will use PI provided in a Verifiable Consumer Request only to verify your identity or authority to make the request and to track and document request responses, unless you also gave such PI to us for another purpose.
Your CCPA privacy rights are as follows:
- The Right to Know: You have the right to send us a request at most twice in a 12-month period, for the period 12 months prior to your request regarding as follows (please note that we retain PI for different time periods, and are not obligated to retain it longer than we need it just to be able to respond to your requests, so we may not be able to fully respond):
- Information Rights— with regard to any of the following categories: the categories of PI collected by us about you; the specific portions of your PI that we collected; the categories of sources from which such PI was collected; the categories of third parties with which we shared your PI; the purposes (business/commercial) for selling or collecting your PI and the list of the categories of your PI which was disclosed for a business purpose, or sold (if applicable) or that no such disclosure or sale occurred. If your PI was sold by us, we will explain the categories of your PI sold, and the categories of third parties to which your PI was sold.
- Obtaining Copies of PI— To make or obtain a transportable copy of your PI that we have collected.
- Deletion: Other than to the extent we may retain PI per the CCPA, you may request deletion of your PI that we collected directly from you and are maintaining. Our right to retain includes, but is not limited to: completing transactions and services requested or reasonably expected, for purposes of security, legitimate internal business, including preserving business records, compliance with the law, for legal claims, and to cooperate with law enforcement. In addition, we do not have the obligation to delete PI which we did not collect directly from you.
- Do Not Sell: You have the right to object to the sale e of your PI by clicking the “DNSMI” button or by contacting us at [email protected].
Please note that opting out of the sale of your PI for purposes of interest-based advertising does not mean that you will stop seeing ads on the site or related to our products or services or that you will no longer see interest-based ads. You may still see ads on the product and services that are tailored to your interests based on PI that (i) is not sold by CEVA, (ii) was sold to other digital advertising companies ninety (90) days or more before you opted out of sales of your PI for purposes of interest-based advertising, or (iii) is sold by sources from which you have not opted out.
We do not knowingly sell PI of Consumers who we know are under the age of 16, unless we received an opt-in, from the Consumers themselves if over 13 but under 16, or from the parent or guardian of a Consumer younger than 13. Consumers who opt-in may opt-out at any time by following the instructions above. If you believe that we may have unknowingly collected PI for sale which belongs to you or to your child under 13, or if you are at least 13 but not yet 16 years of age, using the opt-out will stop the sale. We may sell PI of Consumers who are at least 16 years old, where such PI was collected by us before they turned 16.
- Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you in any way which is forbidden under the CCPA, for choosing to implement your CCPA rights.
- Ours and Others’ Rights: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, we may collect, use and disclose your PI as necessary or allowed by applicable law and this may supersede your rights under the CCPA. Also, we are not obligated to follow through any requests, if and to the extent that, so doing would encroach upon any other person or party’s rights, or our own, or conflicts with the applicable law.
Please note that in the alternative, you may exert limited control of your PI by choosing to opt out of getting further commercial emails from CEVA by clicking “Unsubscribe” in any email you receive from us, or by sending an email to [email protected].